3D Diamond Painting made and donated by Chairwoman, Carrie Mullins.
Event Updates - Unique Limited Edition Trump 2020 Signs - Article V Convention of States
1) You can come over to my place and make a $10 Donation and get a Trump Sign. 3650 South F-41, Mikado, MI 48745. 989-736-8558 - I run Carrie's Critter Camp and have a sign out front.
2) Our meeting on the 23rd of September will have Guest Speakers: Rep. Sue Allor will give us a legislative update (probably PFAS too) and answer questions (so come prepared). Greenbush Supervisor David Dailey will talk about the Spaceport.
3) We will be at the Curran Black Bear Festival. We will be in the parade and we will have a booth. One day only, Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 - 9 AM to 5 PM, outside the Mitchell Township Hall. The Parade is at 1 PM. http://www.curranblackbearfestival.com/
4) Finally, at the October meeting or November party, we will be voting on support for the Article V Convention of States. At the meeting on the 26th, we voted to table the discussion and let our members research the topic and make their own decision. www.conventionofstates.com
Video is now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh50lyZ3Sw&t=1766s
Sheriff Scott Stephenson of Alcona County was at our July 22nd meeting.
We have stream-lined the meetings and Scott was introduced right after the invocation. So, be a bit early. Remember, we open at 6:30 pm, and the meeting starts at 7:00 pm.
I Condemn Violence; As We All Should – Commentary by Carrie Mullins, ACR Chair
“In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America.” - @realDonaldTrump
The MSM needs to stop the "Trump and all his supporters are racist, bigots, etc...." WRONG! Their opinion is neither fact nor news worthy. Saying something over and over and over again doesn't make it true, but the hateful followers buy it hook line and sinker. It's a play right out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.
Too many Americans have fallen for the long term tactics, and I fear we are getting closer and closer to the end game. Liberals and Conservatives used to have a lot more in common 50+ years ago. Now, we are so divided and it's infecting our youth. The hate is bleeding over into violence. And let's face facts; it's the Liberal Extremists who make up the majority of the politically and socially violent.
We have to stop the hating, the name calling, the mud slinging. We have to at least agree to be Americans. One thing we should always have in common is a country we can be proud of. There's always room for improvement, but the fundamentals shouldn't change. The USA is a Constitutional Republic; a country where we are free to strive for Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
I am proud to be an American citizen. And I formally condemn the violence. There is no reason to encourage or commit harm to others. I feel that hate, the lack of respect for life, the loss of the family unit and the steady decline of a civil society have been embraced by the Radicals, and that acceptance has taken us to this point. Hopefully we can use reality, honesty and truth to correct this mentality and restore sanity and respect for others.
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alynski - full text. Know Thy Enemy (in this case, Socialism)
We won Best Float at the Alcona County Fair. We also have Uniquely Designed Trump Signs at the Fair for a $10 Donation to help us get good conservative Republicans elected. http://alconacountyfair.com/
We had a wonderful time at the 4 County Lincoln / Reagan Dinner.
Very rarely do you see this many Chairs all in one spot:
MRP Administrative Vice Chair Gerry Hildenbrand
Carrie Mullins - Alcona
Doug Cady - Montmorency
Kevin Osbourne - Alpena
Geri Szymanski - Emmet
Cathy Stone - Cheboygan
- September 23rd - Monthly ACR Meeting at 7 PM at the CRCC - We will have Rep. Sue Allor and David Dailey will update us on the Spaceport
- September 28th - Curran Black Bear Festival, 9AM to 5PM www.curranblackbearfestival.com
- Sept. 21st – 29th Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup (10 AM at Bugg Rd. and M-65)
- October 28th - Monthly ACR Meeting at 7 PM at the CRCC
- November _____TBD____ Monthly ACR Meeting and PARTY (usually a potluck)
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO STAFF THE EVENTS. The contact list is a must for our volunteers. Be sure Carrie Mullins has your contact details. If in doubt email her. At minimum, we need a contact phone number and email address. Please help us out.
Winter Hiatus – December, January and February.
The Alcona County Republicans are devoted to educating the public through civil discourse and we support Trump. We are for the Constitution, limited government, and freedom.
Check out our new Michigan Proposals page and our Nov. 6 Candidates page. Read the information for yourself and make a confidant decision.
***** Check your voter status, your polling place and see your sample ballot by clicking this link: mi.gov/vote ******
What You Can Do
Talk to your Family and Friends
Refer people to this site
Election day operations
Contact Us if you're interested
- Iosco County Republican Party – 2nd Friday of every month at 7:30 AM (Yes, AM) at Mancino’s in Oscoda or Big Boy in Tawas (both on US 23 and alternating; i.e. Mancino’s on May 13, Big Boy on June 10). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunrise Side Republican Women’s Club – 4th Monday of the month – Lunch, 11:30 am. Contact: Dawn Campbell, President, 989-915-0632, email@example.com
STATEWIDE MICHIGAN PROPOSALS - Full text is on our 2nd page.
18-1 – Proposed law to legalize possession, use and cultivation of marijuana by individuals 21 or older and commercial sales of marijuana through state licensed retailers.
●This 14 page law is complex and confusing. It will be harmful to our communities. Any taxes collected will go to welfare as seen in Colorado, Oregon and Maine. Plus home growers will be allowed to sell without paying taxes. We all know big tobacco caters to the poor, what do you think big marijuana will do? Learn more here: http://healthyandproductivemi.org/
A NO vote is recommended.
18-2 – Constitutional Amendment to establish a commission of citizens with exclusive authority to adopt district boundaries.
●Called Voters not Politicians (a group paid for by Soros funded foundations), this would create an unelected bureaucracy for the purpose of redistricting. This will cost the taxpayers at least $527,000 in the first year and will not be able to be easily changed as it is an alteration to the Michigan State Constitution.
A NO vote is recommended.
18-3 – Authorize automatic and Election Day voter registration, no reason absentee voting and straight ticket voting and add current legal requirements for military and overseas voting and post election audits to the Michigan Constitution.
●This means that a local clerk has to accept voter registration even on the day of an election = longer lines, increased cost to local municipalities for more staff, proof of citizenship will be very difficult to verify which may lead to more illegals voting in MI.
A NO vote is recommended.
ALCONA COUNTY MILLAGE PROPOSAL
For the purpose of maintaining, operating, rehabilitating and equipping public safety and other properties belonging to the county. $1 per $1,000 of taxable property value for a period of four years.
●Due to the ever increasing needs for public safety in the county of Alcona, to help mitigate future fees and tax increases, and prevent loss of services, a YES vote is recommended.
Barton City and Glennie Parades - July 4th, 2018